Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Trellis Finished and Cascade Already Climbing

I finally got around to finishing up the trellis this weekend, but I didn't end up modify the overall design from what I used last year. I decided that I still wanted to be able to move the plants (pot and trellis) to adjust for sunlight and in case of any hurricanes and any more elaborate trellis designs would need to be a permanent structure.

I added two more cross bars to each main trellis support and then criss-crossed the hop twine to the top. This provides about 14 feet of twine for the bines to grow on until they reach the top. At that point, I'll either need to pinch off the top of the bine or come up with some other workaround for extending the twine. The Cascade plant in the photo is already happily growing along the twine and has reach the first bend.

I also installed the drip irrigation system, but I still need to adjust the flow rate before I turn it on. I also need to buy some new and add a fresh layer to the top of the pots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.